søndag den 2. februar 2014

Det afgørende øjeblik

I denne video kan du selv vælge hvad der skal ske i det afgørende øjeblik, hvor Fleming opdager bakteriekulturen, der er blevet inficeret af penicillinsvampen . OBS! Afprøv begge alternativer (altså både "ja" og "nej") og vær sikker på at "annotations" er slået til. Tjek også gerne indlæggets kommentarer.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I’m a bit disappointed that you did not mention me more in your video. My full name is Howard Walther Florey. I’m a pathologist and I was born in Australia 24 September 1898. It was indeed Alexander Fleming who discovered penicillin in 1928, but without me and my team, penicillin would not have become mass-produced. In 1938, Ernst Boris Chain and I were looking for naturally occurring substances with an antibacterial effect. After reading Fleming’s paper about penicillin we decided to work together and look further into it. We successfully cured infected mice with intravenous penicillin in 1940 and in 1941 moved on to the first clinical tests. Again penicillin proved to be a very potent antibiotic, the doctors even started to talk about “miraculous healing”, which is of course nonsense, but there was no doubt that penicillin was the antibiotic of the future. The problem was producing it in large quantities. Initially, no British medicinal companies were willing to start a penicillin production, but in USA they had realised the drug’s potential and the rest is nicely described in your video.

    SvarSlet
  2. Well, at least you were mentioned in the video, Florey. Norman Heatley wasn’t mentioned at all, but he played a crucial part in the development of pencillin. Without Fleming, no Chain; without Chain, no Florey; without Florey, no Heatley; without Heatley, no penicillin.

    SvarSlet